Thursday, January 3, 2008

Pain relief

I have chronic fatigue syndrome, and one of the symptoms of this illness is chronic pain. I try to live with this most of the time, but at least every second day it gets bad enough that I can't rest properly and just lie in bed feeling miserable or crying quietly to myself. At this point my box of pills comes to the rescue - generally not taking the pain away, but taking the edge off so that I can rest and face the world again.

In addition, my mum works for medical aid abroad, and the most common request they have from developing countries isn't for complicated equipment for open heart surgery, it's for analgesics.


Ibuprofen and paracetamol (acetaminophen in the US) - the oil-derived analgesics that greatly improve my quality of life. Shame about the unneccessary oil-derived packaging, though...

No comments: