Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Laminating


I know it's not essential to life, but I love having the ability to laminate photos so that I can turn them into wipeable magnets that will look good on the fridge for years to come. Or to take the occasional piece of precious writing and turn it into something that I can read over and over again without it falling apart. I guess when the oil runs out then glass-fronted frames could replace this function, but they'd be much heavier, more fragile and generally incovenient.

I was recently delighted to discover that the photo printing service I use will laminate prints for you at very reasonable prices. For fridge magnets, though, I intend to continue with my old practise of covering the photo with clear parcel tape and glueing it onto one of the many unsolicited advertising magnets we have acquired over the years. Reduce, reuse, recycle!

No comments: